Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Splatter It

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is
Splatter It 
This week we are showcasing Ranger Products. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


Yes I'm still playing with Oxides, this time I cut my mat using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles and then I blended Cracked Pistachio, Fossilised Amber and Broken China Oxides.

Now I have already stamped a small sentiment but I wondered how well a solid stamp would ink up and stamp. So I got out my splatter stamps Indigoblu Ink Splats and using Iced Spruce Oxide I stamped away till I couldn't stamp anymore.

I then put my Crazy Dog from Tim Holtz Crazy Dog stamps in the centre. I had seem that people added spots to their crazy dog so I gave it a go. I really should of stamped black splats but since initially this was a experiment I didn't think it would matter.

Then I discovered that this weeks challenge was splatters, well I really don't like random splatters they look rubbish when I do them so I decided to use my experiment instead. I really did love how he turned out and gave the card to my son for his Birthday.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

26 comments:

Pat said...

This is such a fun design and I love the oxide ink colours you have used here Debby, and a great card for your son. x

Lin said...

I LOVE how your splatters mimic his spots, Debby! What a fun design!

Virginia L. said...

Perfection. Love everything about this cute card, Debby!

Tracy Freeman said...

It's just awesome Debby, love everything x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Debby, I love the dog image and your ink blending is terrific, love it all, Kate x

Liz said...

Super fun card, Debby, lovely splattered background. Love the Crazy Dog! xx

Katherine K :) said...

Absolutely love this card! My favorite if the bunch today. So awesome and I've pinned it for future inspiration!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Debby :-) I love how you made the dog into a Dalmatian and the background splatter is brilliant!! I am sure your son loved this!! Its PAWESOME!! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sarah said...

I love this card Debby. Love the splats!! xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This card made me smile Debby, his expression is so funny lol
Great card, love the background
Xx

CaroleAnn said...

this is a great card and just love the background effects you have going on here. That dog is hysterical!!!! Hugs

Greta said...

Love the splatter stamp & oh what an adorable card--love that puppy dog!

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card love all that you have done to create this as always your so creative in all that you do x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow! Love your pup, and the splatter turned out amazing.
Fabulous card.
xxx

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

These splatters remind me of muddy paw prints and work so well with this card. Beautiful color choices for the background and just so creative! Love it!

Carol L said...

This dog never looked so good! Hah hah! I love this and will have to CAS it one day! Fabulous creation :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Fabulous card, love the dog and your splatters.
Faith
x

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card Debby, love the background and splatter x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

Grá O'Neill said...

Great card, love the added spots and the more muted splats let the doggy stand out :)

Stephanie said...

Love this card, Debby! The Dalmatian is the perfect dog for a "splatter" challenge! Love it!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Chrissy said...

FABulous fun card Debby and I love the background and cute dog.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Debby and I love the spots on your dog


Anne

Laura Volpes said...

I really love this card! The background is great and those splatters look really fun!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love this Debby! He looks fab as a Dalmatian!

Gayatri said...

Love the splatter on the every layer especially the dog! Great card, Debby! Gayatri xx