Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Puffins

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the For A Child Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We also have a special challenge for children between the ages of 2 and 16! CLICK HERE or on the logo to go directly to the challenge page
Kid'sChallenge-01
We will be back soon with the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

Add A Sentiment

This week we are showcasing Impression Obsession Products. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


Now for this challenge I thought it was important to use a decent size stamp but in my mind was another card so I made two.

So the first one is using the fabulous sentiment from Thank you Teacher Simon Says Stamp set , now the reason I used Simon's sentiment rather than one of the fab ones from Impression Obsession is because I wanted this fabulous Puffin (he looks a bit of a seagull to me) called Blue Foot.  I brought the one with sentiments but you can buy him on his own but that one is sold out at the moment.

My flying gulls are by Memory Box which are a great finishing touch. I'm trying to work out the patterned paper I think it could Summertime from Penny Black.


Here is the card in my mind using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles to make a porthole, I added some strips of scrap card to run across the card to make it look like the outside of a ship. Need some more Oxide colours to make my sea and sky.

The little dots are using a cog die from Tim Holtz Gearhead dies one of the loose dies have little dots inside of it and it works a treat to make dots. The little ship is a Simon Says Stamp die called Sailboat.

I added the puffin, links are above and now to work out what stamp set I used, its OK I worked it out it was Thankful Heart amongst the large sentiments there are some little ones.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join 

18 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both awesome, the sentiment works perfectly with that gull x

Lorraine A said...

LOVE these cards Debby! what a gorgeous seagull/puffin, he is super cute! :-) I think I might just need to get me this stamp too! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards, Debby! I'm with you on the whole gull/puffin thing, but he's cute whatever his species! Jo x

Lin said...

Oh he makes me smile, Debby! And that sentiment on the first card is perfect - he looks like he's lecturing, with that wing in the air!!

Pat said...

I love both these cards using Blue Foot Debby and I have to say I think he definitely has the look of a seagull, but he is a cute bird anyway. I love both the sentiments you have used, and the yellow bp looks great on the first, and love the MB seagulls, and then the second is a wonderful design idea with the porthole with the boat seen through it, and the red and blue stripes really give it the feeling of the outside of a ship. x

Michelle said...

Great cards Debbie, such a cheekie chappie! lovely to see your work again x

Liz said...

Brilliant cards, Debby. I love the cute little puffin, although when I first saw him, I thought he was a seagull too. :-) xx

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards Debby! They are so cute & it looks more like a seagull than a puffin to me too lol xx

Lorraine said...

Two fabulous cards Debby, the puffin looks brilliant as a seagull!
Lorraine x

Brawny x said...

Great cards Debby x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 fabulous cards Debby. Great sentiments.
I think he's part seagull too :-)
xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are SUPER cards, great colouring and layering as always (he looks like a seagull to me too LOL)

Stephanie said...

Love BOTH cards, Debby! That Puffin is too cute! And I *love* the Nelson Mandela quote!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cheryl W. said...

Fabulous card duo. That bird image is great!

stampingbowd said...

Your bird is a hoot!! WHat a fun set of cards! So cheerful!

Crafting Queen said...

just love this card.

Unknown said...

Two fabulous cards Debby, the puffin looks brilliant as a seagull
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
gclub

Unknown said...

Hi Debby I think your cards are brilliant; so clever and professional looking. I have this stamp too. It's not a puffin , nor a seagull: it's called blue footed because it's a blue footed Booby (yes, really!) and it's feet and beak are blue. If you Google Blue Footed Booby you'll see pictures of real ones. There's a very good you tube video of a watercoloured version of this stamp set.