Wednesday, August 09, 2017

For a Child

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Splatter It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We also have a special challenge for children between the ages of 2 and 16! CLICK HERE or on the logo to go directly to the challenge page

Kid'sChallenge-01


This week the challenge is
For A Child 
This week we are showcasing Neat and Tangled Products. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I need to work out what I used for this cute card first of all I've used Neat and Tangled Prehistoric Clear Stamp Set, I didn't buy the die set  simply because very often I end up fussy cutting anyway. There was moments when I thought I was pushing my luck with cutting out the children but I used a Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress pen round the edges to hide my mistakes.

Yes I did use Oxides to make my scene behind them using Broken China and Cracked Pistachio and Simon Says Stamp Clouds die. I cut out three clouds and used Zig Glue Two Way Glue Pen on the back of them, when the blue glue dries clear its now repositional although I stick on my clothes to take out some of the tackiness.

The Leaves are a Poppy Stamps die called Sprig and I added a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle frame on top and trimmed the ends of the leaves.

I stamped the speech balloon from the Prehistoric but I added the small Happy Birthday from a Simon Says Stamp set but I can't work out which one I've used there are some fun sentiment on the Neat and Tangled stamp set so its a case of finding one that fits.


Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

9 comments:

Doreen said...

This is great,love the scene you created.xxx

Pat said...

This is a wonderful children's card Debby and I love your background scene using the oxide inks and the pretty multi coloured dotty paper in the background looks great with it too. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, this definitely reminds me of the cute kids on the Flintstones :-) the whole design of this is super adorable :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Brawny x said...

Very cute Debby. X

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh this is super cute

Stephanie said...

This is Yabba Dabba FAB! :D

(couldn't resist :))

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An absolute delight.
Faith
x

Cheryl W. said...

Love this card for the younger set. Your prehistoric scene is so cute!

Carol L said...

What a sweet and fun little card for the kiddos! It reminds me of when I rode dinosaurs to school way back when.....LOL