Friday, August 04, 2017

Crochet Update


I haven't updated what I've been crocheting for a while so here's some pics, this is my Thursday night Shawl from Helen Shrimpton she called the Bubble-Gum Shawl and its a free pattern. It curls a bit at the ends but I haven't washed it yet and it will probably lay better once I have. Oh I used Stylecraft Candy While Apple Sours. Which was fine once I got over my OCD of it changing colour in the middle of a row!!!


Here's the back, I've done the amount of rows according to the pattern but I use a smaller hook because my crocheting is neater and in this case I could have done another bubble pattern before doing the edging but as we all know hindsight is a wonderful thing.


Two very quick photo's before this baby blanket was wrapped up and given to the parents in waiting.
I hadn't realised I hadn't photo the finish blanket. This was probably because the edging was a bit of nightmare. I used a crochet book for edging and I lost count how many times I unpicked it and still it didn't lay nicely although it does look slightly better as a frilly edge.


I gave my Charlotte Blanket


 away to Chloe's and Sophie's Special Ear Fund  they had a large event and hoped it would come in handy. It was put in the raffle and I was told the winner was pleased with her prize.

Sorry cards are not being posted that often I hope eventually get back to it especially Christmas coming nearer over the horizon.

9 comments:

Doreen said...

Really gorgeous creations Debby.xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Woooooow Debby your crochet projects is amazing. You are one talented lady. I adore the shawl with the little popcorns and your baby blankie is just so sweet. Love the design within the little squares and then you Charlotte project is one masterpiece and I am sure the winner of it, will treasure it for life.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sarah said...

Absolutely stunning work Debby. I have to get me some of that multi coloured yard. I am currently Knitting a shawl using Sirdar Colour wheel yarn which is similar xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful crochet work Debby something I just can't get my head around

Anne

Pat said...

Gosh, your a fast worker Debby to have so many projects completed so quickly, and so beautifully. I love the edging on the baby blanket, well worth all the trouble, and the blanket put in the raffle was a great prize to win, love your shawl too. The patterns are all stunning. x

Marsha said...

I love the bubble gum shawl. It is beautiful! You do such beautiful crochet!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous Debby, you're so talented at crocheting. Mine would never be that neat in a month of Sundays!

Brawny x said...

Absolutely stunning Debby x

Sandra H said...

So pretty x